Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Read to Self Pillows

When my son was in kindergarten he made a fleece tie pillow and it quickly became one of his all time favorite things...five years later my oldest still has it on his bed. So I have decided to make them for my class. You can buy them pre-cut at Oriental Trading but they are pretty expensive. They are very easy to prepare and make from scratch. A parent helper will come in one day to help the students tie them. Click HERE for a how to on adding their initials to them.

The pillows will stay in our class all year. The students can sit on them at circle, use them for read to self or keep them at their desk.

I cut 2 18x18 inch squares and stacked them.The bottom is solid green.

I cut it into this shape. The ties are about 3 1/2 x 2 inches...it doesn't have to be perfect.
Tie three sides together and then fill it with polyester fiber fill and then tie the last side(double knot) and you're done.