Mrs. T's Classroom Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Activities

VALENTINE BAGS:
 I saw these adorable bags on Kinder by Kim. They are a class favorite.
Before I made the copies we graphed which animal we wanted to make.




In Kindergarten we made heart "doggy bags" :)
Click the picture to download a copy.

Valentine's Day Probability:
Click HERE for printables from mathwire.

We made Valentine Visors out of craft foam.

We made hand print heart puzzles on popsicle sticks and then splatter painted them.

We made up candy heart stories.

Heart Contractions:


We estimated a string length and then measured around a big heart to see if our string was too long, just right or too short:


Click HERE to roll and draw a LOVE bug from Teaching Heart Blog.

Cupid Glyph

Conversation Heart Tally from The Polka Dot Patch.

Valentine Word Search from Kindergarten is a Hoot.

Candy Heart Probability from The First Grade Parade.

Estimate and count how many conversation hearts can fit into a big heart.
We did ours as a class and then figured out the difference.




-ar heart machines
We came up with a list of words that have -ar in them and then wrote them on heart gumballs.
Gumball machine pattern
Gumball machine pattern 2
We wrote in our own numbers on the bingo cards and then played bingo.
Valentine's Day Bingo Printable
Stacking hearts. Click below to get other fun
Valentine Minute to win it games from Sassy Sites.

Valentine's Day Book

Valentines Day Sudoku

8 comments:

  1. I'm loving those bags! Thanks for sharing!

    ♥Samantha
    Learning with a Happy Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was actually found your Martin Luther King Activity...it is very cute!
    I am in the process of printing the globe but a piece is missing. 9 is actually puzzle piece 8, so puzzle piece 9 is missing. Is there any way you can email it to me? tamiller@lf.k12.de.us
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your valentine bags. I'm doing those this year!! Thank you for sharing.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bad are so cute! Definitely making those this year.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill,

    My class made the doggie bags today and they are SO CUTE. I had that pattern kicking around in my files for years! Come over to check them out.

    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ecstatic I found you website and blogs.
    Valentine Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I'm loving it! I'm also your newest follower.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete