Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Subitizing Partner Game


We have been doing a lot of subitizing lately and I found this awesome game to help develop the skill. Cover each square on the game board with a square. Have one partner lift up the square for three seconds while the other tries to guess what the number is. They put the square back after three seconds and then guess the number. If they are correct they get to keep the square. If they get it wrong they have to put the square back and it's the other persons turn. The one with the most squares at the end wins. My students loved this game!
Click HERE to get a copy from the BEAM website.
Click HERE to get some great subitizing cards from Ed Link-First Grade.

Click HERE to get a copy of this game.

10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I was hoping to share it on my blog (with credit to you) if that's ok?

    I'm on holidays at the moment, but am going to play this game with my class when the school year starts back, I think they will love it too!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome to use anything you want:)

      Delete
    2. Thank you :) You have so many interesting ideas!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jill! Thank-you for sharing your ideas! I love the subitizing idea. I tried the link to BEAM however, I could not locate the Dot to Dots page. Do you still have this sheet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,
    I can't find that sheet either. Can you share it with me please?
    Lisa
    teachez1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I could not also find the dots to dots page on the BEAM website. Please help me to find this sheet. My kids love subitizing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi- when I get back to school I will scan and post it for you. Not sure where it went on their website but it is definitely a loved game by all my firsties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pop over here I cling on to listening to the news speak about getting boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one.pop over to this website Could you advise me please, pop over to these guys where could i find some? page

    ReplyDelete