Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Common Core Part Part Whole




Have the students choose 2 colors of connecting cubes with a whole number between 5 and 10(colors together...they'll be very tempted to make a pattern). Give them a half a sheet of paper and have them trace the whole on their paper and then put a line where the part should be. Have them trace the whole again , and then write in the numbers for each part and whole. They can "see" how the part part whole relates to actual numbers.

7 comments:

  1. (I'll try that again.) This works perfectly with what we're doing right now. Thanks!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how it is so easy to actually see each part with the different colors of cubes.
    Thanks, I'm putting it on my list for next week.
    Tammy
    first grade @ klinger cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to see so many wonderful activities on your site! Especially aligned with the common core....thank you for making my job a little easier

    Angela
    Forevergrade1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! My 2nd grade class worked on this in early September. Some of them never quite got it. I must save this for next year!

    ReplyDelete