Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Syllable Practice


 
My first graders are great at clapping out syllables but have a hard time seeing them in words...so I made a PowerPoint to help them practice splitting words into syllables. On a dry erase board the students would write the word they saw on the PowerPoint and then clap out the syllables and decide where they should draw the lines to separate each syllable. When they were done writing I would flip to the next slide so they could check their work. You don't need a PowerPoint to do this but the pictures help out the English Language Learners and those who can't quite read the word yet.

 
The words look huge but they should appear on one line when downloaded:
 


Click HERE to download.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome way to differentiate and support diverse learners in your classroom! And such a simple use of technology in the classroom. Geez, wish I was in my very own classroom now! :)

    ReplyDelete