Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Magic Art












These are my favorite every year. The students think it's the coolest thing EVER. Don't be fooled... it's so easy to do. Have the students draw a picture on a piece of paper, copy it onto a transparency. Fold a large piece of white construction paper in half and have the students cut a colored frame from a small piece of construction paper. Have the students color the original drawing (it's looks cooler if every part is colored). Tape the transparency to the top of the drawing on one side. Tape the frame and the folded white piece of paper together but leave one side open. Put the drawing behind the white piece and the transparency on top. When they are pulled out it looks like the color magically appears.

This cool idea came from Art Paper Scissors Glue!. I just copied it instead of having the students retrace their drawing.

7 comments:

  1. This is too cool. I am going to have to try it with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How cool is this! I'm bookmarking this for future use. Thanks!

    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a creative idea! I pinned it to my classroom board so that I will remember to use it.

    Amy
    The Crazy Adventures of a University Graduate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award! Stop by my blog to get it. :)

    WILD About First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing idea! I'm definitely going to try it out with my kids. Thanks for sharing!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete