Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tie Dye Portraits





Each student got a paper towel and they used watercolor to paint it. The watercolor spread on the paper towel and created the Tie Dye look. Then the students used the directions below to draw a self portrait with a pencil and traced over it with a permanent marker. Then they shadow cut their portraits and glued them onto the paper towel. Regular glue seeped through, so I would use a glue stick. 


Here is the book it came from.
I LOVE this book for easy instructions on how to draw.

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!!! Is this drawing thing form a book? My kiddos soooo need this!!!!!
    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. T! I love this project. Thank you for sharing the idea. I am a fellow Idahoan and a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim!

    ReplyDelete