Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Felt Board Stories




I used an IPAD felt board app as a motivational tool to help write narrative stories.
I started the lesson by telling a story using a real felt board. The students practiced telling the class stories of their own. We sketched the characters and the setting for our story and then designed them on the IPAD app. I emailed them to myself and then printed them out. The students came up with a story and we edited it together. They wrote their final draft and then put it all together...I just used small pieces of gray paper on black to make it look like a book.
I added a writing process poster to show the steps we used in creating our stories.
Here is the Felt Board App is used.
 
 
 


Here is my sample:



*very basic for early in  the year but it's a start.