Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Literacy Center Games

Word Family Scattergories™:
This activity is named after the Scattergories board game. Spin one of the word wheels below. They then use the worksheet to record words that can be made in the time the sand timer takes to empty. They can use initial consonants or consonant blends to make words. Students then read the words they have made. They must cross out any words that other players also made. They get a point for each word they make that no one else made. (Use a paper clip and pencil to spin the wheels)


Printable Word Family Candy Land:

Magic "e" UNO:
Click HERE to print.

7 comments:

  1. These activities will be great to use with my students. Thank you so much! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the scattegories idea! Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,
    I am SO THRILLED to have found your site via Pinterest! I came over to see a ladybug fact family sheet...didn't find it...but found TONS of great ideas! You are going to the top of my list. I'm a newbie blogger. Come over and visit sometime.
    Corinna :)
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love your new pretty blue look! Blue is one of my favourite colours.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these games for my word center! I clicked on your link but is states "invalid file path." Would you consider emailing these to me at lauren.rader@knoxschools.org? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these games, too, but as mentioned above, could not download the games. Would you please e-mail them to me at ttownsell@aol.com?
    Thank you, so much!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete