Mrs. T's Classroom Blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Story of a Blue Bird




The students traced the bird body onto a piece of white construction paper and then sponge painted it. I copied the head and tail on blue and then traced their hands on blue. The students cut their own branch, leaves and beak.
The Story of a Blue Bird is one of our Harcourt stories so I had the students write what happened in the beginning, middle and end.
Bird Pattern
Writing

We also made step books to retell the story:


 

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely. I really like their sponge painted bodies.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just read this story in my first grade classroom this past week. I am your newest follower. Please stop by and visit sometime.
    Sandra
    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete